It's that time again! The first of the month. The day when I kvell about how fast time is going and sit here bewildered. The first of this month I shall still do that, but not tell you about it this time. Instead, I'll talk about how excited I am this we are full-swing into autumn, smack dab in the middle of Halloween and Thanksgiving. What a beautiful time. It's chilly, not freezing, and we're eagerly looking ahead to family gatherings and food glorious food! What a time to be alive. And thankful. Always thankful.
Take a listen to my November playlist. This hour of music is pretty diverse across various genres and various times in my life. Of course I had to throw in a track from Bon Iver's newest album and a couple from James Vincent McMorrow's latest track. (I am seeing JVM next week and am very excited to see him for the second time!) I also added some folky/poppy tunes, Odessa I know of through a mutual friend I met when I was living in Nashville, and Hem and Dawn Landes from my time working in their shared recording studio in Brooklyn. And of course I tossed in a few little surprises you might not have expected.
Let me know, what did you cook while listening to this playlist?
1. Hummed Low - Odessa
2. Stargazer - ISLAND
3. I Forget Where We Were - Ben Howard
4. 10 d E A T h b R E a s T + + - Bon Iver
5. One Thousand Time - James Vincent McMorrow
6. Patience - The Lumineers
7. Lullabye for Tony - Dawn Landes
8. Gently Down The Stream - Hem
9. Lonely Lullebies - Kweku Collins (explicit)
10. Back Pocket - Vulfpeck
11. Hey Mama - Great Caesar
12. Get Low - James Vincent McMorrow
13. Arizona - Frances Cone
14. Light - Jon Bryant
15. Small World - Acoustic - Good Old War
16. Billie Jean - The Civil Wars
17. Katie Queen of Tennessee - The Apache Relay