Happy February Y'all!
I have compiled a lovely assortment of Valentine's Day and Valentine's Day ish music for your lovely ears*. Perfect for some solo sudsy bathtub + wine + chocolate time, or that super cute homemade steak dinner for you and your boo (*puke* -- on the "boo" part, not the homemade steak dinner, that is one I can GET BEHIND, reaaaal quick), or for your cooking of the steak, or the sitting in front of "fireplace" (YouTube channel) with wine. WHO AM I KIDDING - I listened to this playlist at work 4x in a row today. So it's great accompaniment to near anything! I just wouldn't suggest it for a marathon run ;)
Please trust me to take you on a musical journey spanning nearly a hundred years!
1. Lukas Graham - 7 Years ---- kind of sad and depressing, but also beautiful and moving, additionally, I can't understand all the words, but it definitely reminds me of love and reflection
2. The Law, Langhorne Slim - Fire ---- I posted this on last months playlist, but I can't get it out of my head, so here (hear) it is again!
3. BORNS - 10,000 Emerald Pools - Live From Spotify ---- beautiful and also on repeat in my head
4. Ben Folds - The Luckiest ---- because you can't have a Vday playlist without a little Ben!
5. Edwin McCain - I'll Be ---- You're welcome Molly
6. Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling in Love ---- a little swoon music for the special day
7. Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman ---- I dare you to say that song title in your head without rhythm as it's sung in the song!
8. Frank Sinatra - I've Got You Under My Skin ---- sounds a bit creepy, but another classic
9. Tony Bennett - Steppin' out with My Baby ---- vote Uncle Tony for the masses
10. Dean Martin - You Were Made For Love - just can't get enough of these old school tunes, I visualize them recording in black and white with a couple of spot microphones - one take wonders! ;)
11. Frank Sinatra - Come Fly With Me ---- OK!
12. Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong ---- I meannnnn Ella + Louis
13. Oscar Peterson, Louis Armstrong ---- that voice, that horn player..
14. Dean Martin - That's Amore ---- please listen to this while lading and the tramping some spaghetti after a shared personal pizza
15. Stan Getz - Body And Soul ---- the jazz musician in me is smiling
16. Cannonball Adderley - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy - Live ---- children of the 2000s THIS is real music. THIS.
17. Nat King Cole - L-O-V-E ---- because, HELLO, it's Valentine's month and Hallmark wants you to get into the spirit and buy all the pink M&Ms and Russell Stovers chocolates (don't do it!)
ALRIGHT. I REALY and SINCERELY hope that you listen to these tunes. This playlist is rather bizarre but honestly, it's one of my favorites I've come up with to date.