I had every intention of posting blog entries while I was away in Florida this past week. However, the copious amounts of relaxing got in the way. Whoops.
I'm trying to regularly include more fish in my diet. Salmon is high in nutrition and has lots of Omega-3.
This is my super, super easy fail proof salmon- ready in seven minutes & gets that skin nice and crispy. Hollerrrr!
Prep time: 10 minute
Cook time: 6-9 minutes
1lb salmon (I cut it into 2 filets)
1/4 tsp crushed garlic
2 tbsp + 2 tsp almond oil
Pinch of salt
Cracked black pepper
1. Take your salmon out of the fridge and let it rest for 10 minutes. Turn your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Turn your pan to high heat.
3. In a small bowl put your garlic, 2 tsp almond oil, salt, and pepper and use a fork to whisk ingredients together.
4. Your pan should be very hot now. Pour 2 tbsp almond oil into your pan.
5. Smother and smear and massage oil/garlic mixture on both sides of your salmon filets.
6. On high heat, place your salmon in the pan trying to avoid splattering yourself with the oil.
7. Press down a bit and let sit for 2-3 minutes. (You should see the salmon turning a lighter pink).
8. Flip and leave for 2 minutes. You're just getting a nice sear on one side and getting your skin nice and crispy on the other.
9. Place in the oven at 375 for another 3-5 minutes.