Ooooh yessss. Who doesn't like eating a good ol' fashioned Ice Cream Sandwich once in a while??!
This is SO freaking easy to make. The cookie recipe is from the Honeyville Farms Blanched Almond Flour package. Just a heads up... these cookies are ADDICTING. Hopefully you have more self control than I do...
Makes: ~18 cookies
Prep time: 8 minutes
Cook time: 7-10
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon
- Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup dark chocolate 73%*
1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Stir together wet ingredients in a smaller bowl.
3. Mix wet ingredients into dry.
4. Form 1/2 inch balls and press onto a parchment line baking sheet.**
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes. (I think 9 minutes is perfect- gives the bottom a 'crust', yet still has a doughy center)
6. Cool and serve.
*Instead of using a cup of dark chocolate chips (or Enjoylife Chocolate Chips) I used one chocolate 3.5oz chocolate bar. I actually used half of a 72% bar, and half of an 86% bar).
**Make sure that you press out the cookies when you put them on the baking sheet. They will smooth out a bit when baking, but make sure to form the cookie shape that you want them to have. A big glob of cookie dough will stay a big glob even when it bakes.
FYI: There is zero raw egg in this recipe.... which means you can eat the cookie dough as is. OMG.
BANANA ICE CREAM
1 banana equals 2-3 ice cream sandwiches
Prep time: 5 minutes
Freezer time: 20-30
1. Use the soft serve version of this recipe that I blogged about a couple months ago.
2. Freeze your fruit, throw it in a food processor to make it a soft serve consistency. You can use pretty much any fruit, I just stuck with a banana for the ice cream cookie.
3. After you follow the instructions on that post for making the 'soft serve', I recommend putting the ice cream in a bowl and back in the freezer for 20-30 minutes to let it firm back up a bit. Then assemble your sandwich and eat!!
(I made my sandwich and then put it back in the freezer because I had to run an errand. When I wanted to eat it I just took it out and let it sit on the counter for 10 minutes.)
SO GOOD. Omnomnomnomm.