Cauliflower breakfast rice.... that you can eat for any meal ;) Perfect for breakfast with a side of meat, or dinner with some chicken and broccoli.
Total time: 15 minutes
- 4C cauliflower
- 4 strips bacon (keep the bacon fat!)
- 1 1/2C mushrooms
- 2 egg yolks + 2 tbp water (or 2 whole eggs)
- 4 drops of Red Boat Fish Sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
1. Cook your bacon in a pan at medium heat.
2. While your bacon is cooking, rice your cauliflower in a food processor using your shedding attachment (approx 1/2 head).
3. Your bacon will have crisped up by this point. Turn off the heat and place the bacon on paper towels to remove the excess fat from the bacon.
4. Put your cauliflower in a pan on medium heat and pour in the majority of the bacon fat into it from the bacon pan.
5. Using the bacon fat pan, toss in your mushrooms on medium heat. Cook them for 5-7 minutes, until they are soft, stirring occasionally. While you are doing that...
6. ...You can either use separated eggs or whole eggs. If you are using whole eggs, crack your eggs into a small bowl and wisk them thoroughly. If you are using just the yolk, crack your eggs and separate the yolks into one bowl and the whites into the trash or another bowl for later use. Add 1 1/2 tbsp- 2 tbsp of room temperature water to the yolks and whisk together.
7. Add the eggs into the cauliflower and mix it around. Cover the lid for 3-5 minutes to help soften the cauliflower.
8. Add fish sauce and chop or crumble the bacon into small pieces and add the bacon and mushrooms into the cauliflower.
9. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp onion power, and 1/8 tsp garlic powder and mix.
10. Eat up, buttercup!