My roommate was the inspiration for this recipe. Her aunt apparently makes the best "Green Rice" aka Cilantro. I don't eat rice and never really crave it, unless I'm eating Chinese food of course. But I tasted it and thought it was pretty good, so I made my own Paleo version. It's cilantro rice minus the rice but oh so similar to rice. Anyway, it's yummy and would be good with grilled chicken, steak, Paleo tortillas or tacos, or anything else actually. My roommate really enjoyed it and said the flavor was spot on : ) Super fast and easy to make too. WOhoo!
Serves: 3-4 people
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
- 3C cauliflower
- 3/4C fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powered
- 1/4C chicken stock (+ up to an additional 1/4C chicken stock)
- Lime (optional)
1. "Rice" your cauliflower (approx 1/3 head) using the shredding attachment of your food processor. Also, finely chop your fresh cilantro.
2. In a braiser or large pan, pour in 1/4C chicken stock and turn your heat up to medium.
3. Once the liquid is warm, add your cauliflower. Stir and cover the pan for 3-5 minutes. Add the additional 1/4C of chicken stock as you see fit- do not add it in all at once. The goal here is to steam the cauliflower so that it becomes the texture of cooked rice. So don't use too much liquid or you'll have mushy 'rice'!
4. Once the texture is great, add your cilantro, salt, and onion powder. Mix.
5. Squeeze some lime over it if you please. Not necessarily however.