Who DOESN'T like chocolate?!?! If you raised your hand, we're not friends anymore. Sorry. But the truth hurts. I can't relate to anyone that dislikes chocolate. It's illegal. This recipe is Paleo by definition, however, it's wayy too dangerous to actually be Paleo. Yes, there is no processed sugar in it, but it's all chocolate and impossible to stop eating it. My dad came across this recipe when he wanted something to eat with his amazing locally made dairy-free ice cream. This recipe is super easy to make, which again makes it dangerous. Thanks for making me fat dad! ;)
Makes: a little over 1 pint
Prep time: 1 minute
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 100 g dark chocolate (I used Lindt 90%)
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp Coconut sap or palm sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Honey
- 1 can Coconut milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Pinch of Sea salt
1. In a medium sized pot over medium-low heat, melt coconut oil and dark chocolate.
2. Whisk in cocoa powder, honey, and coconut sap; stir until it has dissolved and completely mixed.
3. Whisk in coconut milk, vanilla, and salt. Stir occasionally until it comes to a low boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes; until the sauce has slightly thickened.
4. Pour sauce into a glass jar, cover, and refrigerate. Re-heat as needed.
I've never made anything else from this blog, The Foodie and the Family, but so many recipes look delish. Go forth and explore!