Yes, I've become obsessed with plantains. It's not my fault they are freaking awesome. They are inexpensive, fast and easy to cook, you can fry them, bake them, eat them sweet, eat them savory, eat them as sandwich bread, eat them as dessert, or eat them for breakfast as pudding! Or eat the pudding for dessert. Seriously ENDLESS. (Don't worry, the plantain sandwich is coming soon :) )
So this time I made a pudding. It was fantastic. And with my new kitchen toy*, it was a BREEZE. Literally took more time to cut up the plantain than it did to make the pudding.
Serves: 1-2 people
Prep time: 5 minutes (+30 minutes chill out time in the fridge *Optional)
Cook time: zilch
- 1 ripe plantain
- 3 tbsp thick coconut cream (top of refrigerated full fat can of coconut milk)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp flax seed
- 2-3 tbsp coconut flakes *Optional
- 1. Peel your plantain
2. Slice it and put it in your immersion blender beaker
3. Blend for a few seconds. Then add coconut cream, cinnamon, and flax seed
4. Once everything has been incorporated and you have a creamy texture you are happy with, you can either serve as is, or fold in and garnish with some coconut flakes.
*You could easily use a food processor if you do not have an immersion blender.