GUYS! It's FALL! I wore my leather jacket to work today! It was in the 50's! OMG I'M SO EXCITED! :D
This is the greatest chia seed pudding of all tiiiime! I've made a few different kinds and different ways, but this way AWESOME. So crazy easy too!
Prep time: 3 minutes
Fridge time: 7-8 hours, or overnight
1/4 Cup chia seeds
1 Cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk*
1 banana fresh or frozen (I only had frozen bananas sliced in baggies in the freezer. If you're using a frozen banana just make sure to take it out of the freezer 10 minutes before you make this recipe).
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Optional: 1 tbsp of sunbutter for topping
Optional: 1 tbsp shredded coconut for topping
*You can also use 1 Cup of canned coconut milk, but the consistency will be a bit thicker- it's not a bad thing, that way was delicious too! It's just personal preference.
1. Mash your banana in a bowl with a fork. (If you don't want lumps of banana in your pudding, then use an electric mixer, I however enjoyed the added texture... and ease!)
2. Pour in the almond or coconut milk and mix thoroughly. (In these pictures I used almond milk).
3. Mix in the chia seeds, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
4. Once everything is incorporated, cover it and put it in the fridge- or pour into a jar and place in fridge.
5. Oh, and if you're feeling rebellious and need some extra healthy fats, spoon in some sunbutter when you're about to feast. Lipsmackingly delicious! Or throw on some shredded coconut!
Putting it in a mason jar is pretty convenient when you're late to work and need to grab breakfast! Just pack a spoon and you can eat your pudding and go through emails at work without the need for an oven or stove.