OOOO MYYYY GAAAAWD. Guys. I have not had a dinner roll in like, AGES. These things are fantastic. Aaaaand because of my lack of judgment given the fact that I haven't eaten a regular gluten-filled roll in forever, I enlisted two roomies to test and let me know their opinions. They both loved it, and one roomie even told me that she dreamt of them the next night. So whatchu waiting for? Perfect for um, ANY OCCASION or no occasion at all!
THANKS PALEO SPIRIT for creating this masterpiece of a recipe!
Serves: Not enough... double the recipe ;)
(recipe below taken directly from her website)
- 1 cup tapioca flour (starch)
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large egg, whisked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the tapioca flour (you can substitute arrowroot flour/starch) with the salt and 1/4 cup of the coconut flour in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Pour in oil and warm water and stir. Add the whisked egg and continue mixing until well combined.
- If the mixture is too thin you should add one or two more tablespoons of coconut flour – one tablespoon at a time – until the mixture is a soft but somewhat sticky dough.
- Use a spatula or large spoon to scoop out about two tablespoons of the dough and roll into balls. You will be making about 10 rolls. Use extra tapioca flour in the palms of your hands so the dough does not stick.
- Place each roll of dough onto a greased baking pan, parchment paper or one covered with a Silpat (what I used)
- Bake for 35 minutes.
P.S. I made these for Thanksgiving and they went over so well. Happy eaters all around. Also, more original recipes will be coming SOON! I've been super busy and my cooking has been at an all time low. Not a happy camper 'bout that :'( For now, just make these. This is the one recipe I've been making EVERY Sunday in order to keep me from being late to work every morning!