Courtesy of "meal prep Sunday", I give you... the easiest most delicious Asparagus recipe known to man kind!!
Growing up I was a freak when it came to veggies - broccoli was my crack. Carrots were my second in command, and all others third... except for asparagus. The only vegetable I was never excited about my mom making was asparagus. I mean, I'd eat it of course, it was green and a vegetable. (I never said I was a "normal" child). Now, if my mom prepared asparagus like this - I think carrots would be given a run for their money (Broccoli can't be touched ... It's on top that pedestal with a trophy in one hand and medal around it's tree-trunk neck).
I wasn't even sure if I should post this as a recipe since it is so straight forward, however, after living with several people that needed instructions on boiling water and making pasta, I thought "Hey, why not! I'm sure there are people that this would interest!" SO - hopefully my awkward internal dialog was correct. Please let me know.
Back to business - try this on for size and let me know how you find it.
Serves: 2-3 people (or 1 if you are me)
Prep time: 3 minutes
Total time: 25-35 minutes
- 1 lb asparagus spears
- 3 pieces bacon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Rinse the asparagus and cut the very ends off, the thick bottoms, not the tree-like tops.
3. Lay them out on a parchment lined backing tray. Make sure they do not overlap one another.
4. Sprinkle the salt and pepper and then place the bacon strips on top.
5. Pop them into the oven for 20-30 minutes (depending on the thickness of the asparagi(?) and your preference for doneness.